One-Pan Crispy Lemon-Herb Chicken with Roasted Green Beans
1 Hour 10 Minutes
1 Hour 35 Minutes
There are few dishes simpler and more versatile than one-pan recipes. Not only is cleanup a breeze, but dishes cooked with the one-pan method often deliver intensely flavorful results. This One-Pan Crispy Lemon Herb Chicken with Roasted Green Beans is no exception to the single-dish rule. Loaded with fresh herbs, citrus and veggies, this recipe is bursting with flavor and is easy enough to prepare on weeknights making it the perfect chicken dish.
Lbs chicken thighs, bone-in and skin-on (roughly 8-10 thighs)
Cup olive oil
Garlic cloves, minced (roughly 1.5 tablespoons)
Tablespoons fresh thyme leaves
Tablespoons fresh Italian parsley, chopped
Lemons, zest and juice (roughly 4-5 tbsp juice)
Tablespoon olive oil
Teaspoon kosher salt
Teaspoon black pepper
Red onions, sliced into wedges with the root end in tact
oz green beans
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- Zest the lemons and set it aside for garnish.
- In a bowl, combine the garlic, thyme, parsley, lemon juice, olive oil, salt and pepper.
- In a 13×9 baking dish, arrange the red onion in a single layer.
- Pat the chicken dry with paper towels and then smother it with the herb-garlic mixture. Make sure to pull up the chicken skin slightly to get the herbs and garlic underneath.
- Place the chicken on top of the veggies, stretching the skin out over each piece.
- Roast for 30 minutes, then remove it from the oven.
- Quickly add the green beans to the pan, stirring them into the onions to coat with oil. Return the pan to the oven.
- Roast for another 20-30 minutes until the chicken is cooked through and the skin is crispy (165 F internal temperature).
- Let the chicken rest for 5-10 minutes before topping with the lemon zest and remaining parsley and thyme.
This cooking method is very versatile, depending on what herbs and vegetables you prefer. You can swap green beans for asparagus using the same method. If you substitute hardier vegetables like potatoes, sweet potatoes, radishes or carrots, cut them into ~1.5-inch pieces and add them to the pan at the beginning with the onions.
Serving Per Serving 8
Amount Per Serving
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 19.1g
Saturated Fat 4.5g
Total Carbohydrate 12.3g
Dietary Fiber 4.3g
Vitamin D 0%
Calcium 61mg 5%
Iron 2mg 14%
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs:
Calories per gram:
Fat 9 • Carbohydrate 4 • Protein 4