Easy Almond-Crusted Tilapia With Lemon
Easy weeknight dinners are a must. With that said, quality nutrition and delicious meals are a non-negotiable. Fish is one of our favorite weeknight meals because it’s always in season, easy to make, and good for you!
This recipe calls for minimal ingredients, but a whole lot of flavor! You’ll need 4 servings of tilapia (fresh or frozen), almonds, salt and pepper, a wedge of lemon, and olive oil. Pair with freshly steamed green beans with a dusting of sea salt and you’ve got yourself a healthy 30-minute meal!
servings of Tilapia (4oz each)
cup coarsely crushed almonds
cup finely crushed almonds or almond meal
T extra-virgin olive oil
salt and pepper, to taste
- First, prep the the almond topping by placing ½ cup of whole or slivered almonds in a food processor. Process the almonds until they become flour-like and are finely ground. Add ½ cup more of almonds and coarsely chop, enough so that the larger pieces will stick to the fish. Add in salt and pepper to taste and give it one last spin. Transfer onto a large plate.
- Next, preheat a large skillet with about 1.5 tablespoons of olive oil to medium heat. Then, prep tilapia by slicing each fillet in half or thirds. The tilapia might already have a natural cut in it, so feel free to follow that line.
- Rub each slice with olive oil on both sides. This will help the almond crust stick to the fish. Then, coat the the fish in the almond topping on both sides.
- Transfer fish onto skillet. Sprinkle with additional salt and let cook for about 5 or 6 minutes or until the almonds begin to brown. Then flip and cook for an additional 5 or 6 minutes.
- Once fully cooked, transfer tilapia onto a large plate and garnish with a squeeze of fresh lemon.